header Ottawa 3

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Mangos - Part VI and VII

Part VI

Mango Chutney Makes Friends: The mango chutney was a huge success! I took a rather large bowl-full over to an afternoon barbeque today. While people were arriving, the host remarked that it sure was a lot of chutney -- at least one and a half to two litres. In fact, I had imagined that I would be returning home with at least half of the chutney. But no! The chutney was a raving success. I now have a dozen new best friends and no chutney left. Hurray!

Part VII

You Knew it Couldn't Last: Sunday evening I went out with my friend with the mango trees and gained four new mangos! She said that they only gave me a few since they knew that I would be travelling soon. It turns out the twenty mangos a day that I referenced earlier was rather incorrect. It turns out that their six trees produce fifty to one hundred mangos a day! FIFTY TO ONE HUNDRED!!!! All of a sudden, my two dozen mangos seem a pittance!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think that you will need counseling when Mango season is over, ha,ha..

10:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home