header Ottawa 3

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Got Mangos?

I have discovered paradise.

In fact, you can all discover paradise as it is easily found in this mango chutney recipe on Food Network. In an effort to deal with my chuva de mangas, I trolled the internet for mango chutney recipes and landed on this one. I guess that troll is a bit exagerated as this recipe is the first to pop up on a Mango Chutney google search, but why look any further when you know that you have stumbled across a winner? I bought the ingredients late last week, but only ended up delving into the chutney's preparation tonight. It is truly devine! The mixture of mangos, ginger, red peppers, curry, nuts, and raisins among other ingredients is a mix made for the gods. I paired it up with a small slab of meat (frankly, I have no idea how to cook meat outside of a stirfry) and, paired up with said mango chutney, the slab turned into a delectable comestible. No skill necessary! In fact, this chutney rivals the side accompaniment of my favourite dish at local restaurant Assucar - a banana, ginger and carrot purée. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Tips from the experienced:

1. Throw the raisins in the mix ten minutes before turning off the heat. The moisture of the mixture will rehydrate them making them bites of puffy sweetness in your mouth.

2. Don't wear white pants if you plan on spilling some of the curry mixture.

Other than this, it's an easy sailing recipe, true to its time estimate and deliciousness! What more can I say? Give it a try!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy! Can we count on some international cooking when we all meet up at Christmas?

11:24 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

I have to cook? I thought that since I would be travelling thousands and thousands of kilometres to partake in Christmas festivities that I would somehow be exempt... ;-)

9:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home