header Ottawa 3

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I disbelieve

One of my mango/kitchen break activities this afternoon was sorting through my winter clothes trying to decide which will accompany me home and which will stay behind. Looking through my sweater collection I notice a whole variety of thicknesses and bulk, from light knitted turtlenecks to heavy wool blends, and I end of wondering how can it be that any country can get cold enough to deserve such intense sweaters. I suspect that soon enough I am going to rediscover the answer to this question!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, let me tell you that we had freezing rain and very big winds on Friday, knocking down whole enormous trees, and cutting off the electricity in the city. I had no power from 6:00 pm Friday until 2:00 pm Saturday. This, as we know, is minor, compared to THE ICE STORM of a few years ago. Thank goodness for the fireplace, a supply of wood, and many candles, and a camp stove and propane. However, warm clothes are essential. Please pack your sweaters! Be prepared!

9:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home