header Ottawa 3

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sightings

A year ago, I had two colleagues visiting from Canada. At one point during the visit, something happened or we saw something that made them both question the reality/logic behind the event. The fact that I cannot even remember what the event was, attests to the fact that it struck me as totally normal. My response to their question was a simple that's just the way it is and we carried on. While things tend to not surprise me anymore, this week brought three things I had never seen before:

1. A man with a full toes-to-hip leg cast riding - as best he could - his bicycle down the street.

2. A dead animal [dog?] floating down one of the city's canals [I knew it happened, had just never seen it before].

3. A small boy at the traffic lights juggling three green coconuts. To get an idea, green coconuts are about the size of an adult's head!

As they say, truth is stanger than fiction....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting place there, ha,ha.
We used to have a whole cast of characters here. A man who dressed in womens clothes, another who walked everywhere at full speed with a bag of cans, people who wore winter attire all summer and a guy who walked around the mall parking lot singing into an unplugged microphone all day.

I really miss these people.I hear they headed south, ha,ha..

10:06 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Happy, I think that those guys moved to Ottawa. Really!

10:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home