header Ottawa 3

Monday, January 15, 2007

DoPoFoMo

You've heard of NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month - and its amiable companion NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month - in which particpants pledge to either write a 50,000 word novel or to create a daily blog entry over a one-month period. Lesser known, but just as difficult, is distant cousin DoPoFoMo - Don't Post Fora Month, and aside from one small slip in early January (no one is perfect!), I can clearly claim to have done rather well with it! It took effort and determination, but in the end, success was (nearly) mine....

* * * * *

Finally back in Recife after a whirlwind month that took me to four countries in two continents, I am happy to be:

- doing laundry (hurray!)
- bonding with Felix (the cat)
- catching up with friends (an hour and a half after arriving in Recife, I was whisked away for dinner)
- sifting through zillions of emails (okay, this makes me less happy)
- once again walking home along the beach (ah, the beach)

Tales of travel & fun to follow as I slowly unpack my memories as well as my suitcase!

Once again, Happy 2007 to all!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAD been doing DoPoFoMo but now you have made me break it!

7:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of us Canadians get nervous when we haven't heard from relatives who went to Mexico. Glad to see you are back.

9:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the non posting month is over..

12:54 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Mutley: I take no responsibility!

Anonymous Relative: Oops, sorry! Maybe I should have called....

Happy: Me too!

8:29 p.m.  
Blogger Living Away said...

It's good to have you back!!
I got homesick after reading "...an hour and a half after arriving in Recife, I was whisked away for dinner"!
I miss this move a lot!!!

Leandra

8:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home