header Ottawa 3

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Weekend Fun

Yes people, that would be me!

This past Sunday I managed to hook up with a different eco-group that does day trips into the interior, and headed to São Benedito do Sul, last weekend's elusive destination. Aside from the early start -- up at 5:30am once again -- things commenced well. We headed two hours into the interior of Pernambuco and started the morning off with a delicious regional breakfast at a rural farm/inn. I knew that breakfast would be included in the deal, but had no idea that it would involve the choice of dozens of different hot and cold dishes, fruit, organic juices, and coffee all served on the charming and quaint veranda of the farm. There is no better way to start the day!

After eating until we could no more, we headed to a series of nearby waterfalls where some people chose to swim while others chose to risk life and limb by rapelling down the falls. Needless to say, not only was I part of the latter group, I was also quite pleased with myself, as the two rapel instructions independently noticed that I was wearing Salomon hiking shoes -- clearly the shoes of choice for Brazilian rapel instructors. I can't remember how many times they mentioned it, pointing to their own pairs of Salomons [this from a country where these are common hiking gear]. Although I tried to pass off my successful descent of the falls with nary a slip on my shoes, they insisted on giving me some credit as well. Crazy guys!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Lordy! how very brave of you!

4:27 a.m.  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

That really looks like fun. And you are a real cutey..

12:24 p.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Yeah for you...that's totally amazing.

I'm jealous

1:54 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

ms.mac: let's just that the first few metres were the most mentally challenging....

Mark: Shoes purchased at The Expedition Shoppe in Ottawa....

H&B2: It was fun! And thanks....

Michael: Maybe Chicago has some cascading fountains down the sides of buildings that you could tackle!

10:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home with a cold and much enjoying catching up on your blog. Anyway Karne I'm so glad you've turned this corner in your outdoor activity footwear.
- Nell

2:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home