header Ottawa 3

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Blogs vs. Work : Work vs. Blog

Okay, so by now eveyone knows that one shouldn't really use work material in one's blog. But what about using one's blog material at work? This morning I was providing comments on a document and as part of my comments I needed/wanted to describe the living conditions in the sertão or the semi-arid desert-like zone of the Northeast. Rather than deliberate over my words, I lifted my description word for word from this post minus the last sentence describing the photos. Didn't even change a comma! Is that so bad? Should I have quoted myself? Now I'm thinking that my blog could be billable time!

Note to those at work: The rest of my comments were quite specific to the document in question. Have no worries!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Aiieee! So many people have been burned by blending their blog with their work. Thankfully, noone can sack me from my position when I blog about my work! Hehe!

Can you claim the blog hours on your expense account? ;-)

7:20 a.m.  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Handy!

12:42 p.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Ah what a creative use of the Internet : -)

Don't give credit because then they can backtrack and find you out.

12:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home