header Ottawa 3

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Brazilian Thongs

Thongs are a way of life in Brazil. Everyone -- from all walks of life and all shapes and sizes -- wears thongs here. In fact, they don’t just wear them on the beach or around the pool, but they wear them around town, on the bus, and even hiking. Since it is my intent to fit in as much as possible, I have decided that I will also wear thongs.

When Nell and I went to Ilhabela, off the Sao Paulo coast (which, by the way, is a wonderful vacation destination), we went on a hike to the Cat’s Waterfalls. Trying to blend in, I decided to wear my thongs same as the Brazilians with whom we were hiking. Nell, on the hand, refrained and wore much more sensible hiking attire.

I must say that it was a little bit challenging navigating the steep, muddy path in thongs, but we made it, and the cool, crystal waters at the falls were well worth it. However, after seeing other Brazilians at the falls who weren’t wearing thongs, I decided to change into something a little more comfortable for the descent. In any case, without further ado, here is a photo of me in my thongs.




4 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

They could be the cutest thongs I have ever seen!

8:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

When you said thongs, I thought you
meant what passes for women's
underwear these days up here in
the Far North!

Ciao for now.

12:06 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Well ... there was a bit of tongue-in-cheek involved!

11:26 p.m.  
Blogger junebee said...

"Cheek", ha ha...

10:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home