header Ottawa 3

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tchotchkes of the World - UNITE!

It seemed like such a good idea at the time. A trinket here, a piece of folk art there, supporting a local artesan on the street. A bric-à-brac during a site visit, an empty wall or nook in my massive Brazilian apartment....

But now that my entire shipment has arrived from Brazil, and my all stuff is assemble in a few rooms, I am wondering what the heck I am going to with the exponential number of tchotchkes that I seem to have acquired during my three years in Brazil. I certainly wasn't tchotchkeless prior to Brazil, but the numbers seem to have multiplied at a rather surprising rate. Right now, the majority of the tchotchkes are in a holding pattern on our inherited diningroom bookshelf (yes, a diningroom bookshelf). I'm just hoping that while waiting for final dispatch they don't decide to band together and overthrow the landlords....

Two confessions and an explanation:
1. The pic is small as I am kind of embarrassed.
2. The pic doesn't actually represent all the tchotchke's. Some have already been dispatched.....
3. The two lower shelves were already warped - this, at the very least, cannot be blamed on the tchotchkes.

TCHOTCHKES OF THE WORLD ... UNITE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Magic Mark said...

Thank goodness there is no Che Guevara on the shelf, or the revolution would have started already!

Jorge Amado does seem to be having a good time, though. 9-)

1:24 p.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Looks like fun!

11:51 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home