header Ottawa 3

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Brazduras?

Or should that be Hondzil?

In an effort to facilitate my, um, successful readaption to all that is Canadian, I am up and off to Honduras on the weekend, for a week! Okay, the Honduras part isn't really all that shocking as my move back to Canada involved not just the loss of Brazil as "my" country, but also the gain of Honduras as "my new" country, but the timing has sure been quick ... I haven't even been here for a month! My clothes and suitcases are still lying on the floor (no joke).

On the fun side ... I will be stopping in Florida on the way down (as an aside, I think that I must be the only eastern Canadian who has never been to Florida before) to visit my Brazilian friend Andrea who is in turn visiting family in the States. When I left Brazil, I refused to say any goodbyes, insisting that sometime, somewhere, my friends and I would soon meet up. And although I knew that Andrea would be in the States during September, I wasn't sure if it would work out to see her so soon after leaving. It was only as I was physically booking my ticket that I twigged to the fact that Florida was indeed on the direct flight path to Central America and bingo! two minutes later a ticket was purchased! Now, if I could only manage to repack those bags of mine....

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

I'm right there with you, I never say Goodbye, just "I'll see you soon"

10:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to reconnect! Enjoy the trip! and don't stop blogging.

11:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home