header Ottawa 3

Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm going to São Paulo!

Hurray! This afternoon, I booked a ticket to São Paulo! It'll be my first time back since moving to Recife fifteen months ago, and I'm already making lists for my three day itinerary. Taking advantage of having to head to Brasilia for two days mid month, I decided to tack on three in São Paulo on the way home. On the list are:

♥ Visiting friends and former coworkers, particularly Val who just had a baby.

♥ Having brunch at Santo Grão. Turns out Recife does not Do Brunch.

♥ Staying at an incredibly cute pousada in Jardins and lingering over coffee in the morning.

♥ Checking out the city's twinkling lights from one of its high points.

♥ Catching an exhibit or two [I'll have to see what's on].

♥ Shopping [never thought you hear me say it, eh?].

♥ Exploring Vila Madalena, a bohemian arty neighbourhood I know little about but want to.

♥ Enjoying an espresso and sweets at Figueira Rubaiyat, a delightful restaurant set under an impressively large fig tree.

♥ And if there's still time, I'll visit the São Paulo Central Market, an experience in itself.

Phew! That should be enough to matar saudade. At least until my next trip. The photo was taken in SESC Belenzinho, a cultural centre in the city's north/east end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Living Away said...

I'm going to Brasil in November and I want to spend at least 2 days/nights in Sampa and I'll borrow some of your having-a-good-time list for sure!

6:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home