header Ottawa 3

Monday, August 21, 2006

Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish

Hurray!

This evening, working in collusion with the night doorman, I managed to get rid of all my recycling. Being garbage night (along with Wednesday AND Friday -- I think we only have one garbage day a week in Ottawa and Montreal...), I suspected that I might be able to pass my carefully packed collection off to a good intermediary home. Sure enough, my interphone rang, a passing catador had been summoned, and I rushed down with my cart-load of goods. Confusion aside, shoeless, flipflopless Tiago seemed pleased with the donation.

I suspect that I am getting (if I don't already have) a reputation as that Crazy Canadian Girl....

Last post about garbage from me! At least for a while....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. I know the main entrance, garage door, etc. people, think highly of you. And, just think, you are setting an example for them to also recycle.

6:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got to give away the recyclables.
I went back and read the post about the garbage dump. What a sad life..

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Mark, you are right, eccentric is probably a better word!

Mom, I know that Claudia has started recycling because of me.


Happy, yes, it is sad.

11:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home