header Ottawa 3

Friday, May 26, 2006

Not One for Letting the Grass Grow Under my Feet ...

... I am off! Off for a week's trip to Belem, Sao Luis and Teresina (circled on the map, click to enlarge), the last three state capitals in our Rock 'n Roll Brazil tour.

Part I was last May when we went to Fortaleza, Recife and Salvador while Part II was in October when we went to Natal, Joao Pessoa, Maceio and Aracaju. Next week's trip will be a little more relaxed [three cities in five days, imagine!] and I have managed to take both weekends off so that I will be able to take advantage of the chance to visit a little more. Belem is the mouth of the Amazon and boasts some pretty unique sights; Sao Luis, founded by a French naval officer in 1612 and named after Louis XIII, is home to amazing colonial architecture; and Teresina, the only non-coastal state capital in the Northeast, is hot, extremely isolated, and begging to be discovered. If I don't manage to blog over the week, pictures and stories will surely follow upon my return. Até lá!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home