header Ottawa 3

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Zero

zero = having no measurable or otherwise determinable value;
zero = the numerical symbol indicating the absence of quantity or mass;
zero = a character in Beetle Bailey;
zero = a song by The Smashing Pumpkins;
zero = nothing, nix, nil, nada, naught;
zero = zilch, zip, zippo;
zero = not a sausage;
zero = the number of kilometres on MY NEW CAR!!

Yes! It is true! My license plates finally arrived last Friday. I then spent Saturday morning picking up the car and Saturday afternoon drinking caipirinhas trying to get over my driving-in-Brazil stress. Sunday I headed out again and got in lots of practice (read: got totally lost driving a friend home). Now my car has 71 km! All that from two whips around the block so to speak. Maybe Recife is a big city afterall!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! and I only got home a week ago! After experiencing Recife driving in taxis and walking, all I can say is "Take care!", and also "Enjoy!" Like sangroncito, I would be terrified.

9:16 p.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

You said caipirinha so you lost me....oh you can finally drive your car? YIPPEE!!!!

2:45 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

MM: I should have the whole clutch thing under control by then!

Sangroncito: So far I have only driven at night and on a Sunday. It helps with the craziness!

Mom: The difference between my car and the taxis is that mine has seatbelts!

Michael: I really will have to find a way to ship you some cachaca (the alcohol to make caipirinhas)!

8:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home