header Ottawa 3

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Alive!

Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive! Alive and back from a week of lots of working and lots of ... eating! They do go hand in hand, don't they? We had a VIC* in town this week which meant much work and much restauranting at night. So? Where did we go?

Assucar: Regional Chic with a view, Assucar is located on the top floor of the Paço Alfândega mall and has a suberb menu and view over the Rio Capibaribe. Yum!

Moqueca in Porto de Galinhas: The moqueca was good, but took AN HOUR to be served. I think that they had to go catch the fish first! Can't remember the name of the resto which is just as well, I guess....

Ponteio: Death by Meat, Ponteio is one of the city's many churrascarias, at which I have, on occasion, been known to overeat. We are talking about meat-on-a-sword here, afterall! Managed to be reasonable this time.

Oficina do Sabor: Shrimp in a Pumpkin and flambayed bananas. No contest! One of the city's best.

Paraxaxá: Regional without the chic, I had a much better experience at Parraxaxá last night than my first time there the first night after moving to Recife last June. Maybe the fact that I was not i) just off the plane; ii) worrying about my cat who was then living in the office; iii) wondering when my furniture would make it to my apartment; iv) wondering how the heck I was going to fill in the holes in the walls; and v) generally wondering where to start in the setting up of home and office, helped.

In all, all good choices and all fun. Tonight, I fast.

* Very Important Canadian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home