header Ottawa 3

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Return: Prologue

When I came home from Brazil a year and a half ago, I promised myself that my blog would not become one of those my life was so much better when I lived in [fill in country's name here] blogs. We've all seen the type, so nostalgic about the past that one isn't able to live in the present. And frankly, while there are a lot of things that I miss about Brazil (the people, the food, the music, the tremendous sense of culture and folklore, the commitment of the grassroots to bringing about change), there is a basket-full of things that I don't (the violence, the lack of personal security and extreme inequity between rich and poor to name a few). But yes, regardless of this promise, I feel that I need to post a story or two about ...



... The Return ...


A Story in I'm Not Sure How Many Parts, but at Least a Few



Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home