header Ottawa 3

Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 28, 2009: The Day I Quite Possibly Became an Adult

Well, after years of trying to hold on to my youth, it's possible that today was the day that I officially became an adult: I spent the exact equivalent of a mortgage payment on a vacuum cleaner. Yes! A vacuum cleaner. A small, circular canister on wheels with a hose that sucks up cat hair, dirt, dust and other rather disgusting particles from one's floors. A mortgage payment! On a vacuum cleaner! And no, it isn't gold-plated. Nor does it scoot itself around the house picking up after the cats (although apparently this does actually exist). It still needs to be led around and pointed in the general direction of the cat hair. To be fair, it does bear an uncanny resemblance to some kind of space machine or satellite which is about to launch itself into orbit. I've been thinking of calling NASA to see if they are missing any pieces of equipment, or, if not, if they like a new one!

No, but seriously folks. We threw the economic crisis to the wind yesterday (Obama said to, really he did) and bought a new Dyson vacuum cleaner. Boy is this thing powerful. Spent the day vacuuming all the floors (well, okay, Mark vacuumed, I cleaned the cat boxes and made the meals). Overall, we were impressed (with its power) and disgusted (by what had apparently been living in our carpets all this time - the canister is clear, so there's no hiding the grossness of it all).

A solid day of good clean fun. Again, all for the low price of one mortgage payment. I'm thinking of putting it in my will!

4 Comments:

Blogger Magic Mark said...

I like to think that I got the better part of the deal, vacuuming vs. cat box cleaning...

4:32 p.m.  
Blogger CreamedHoney said...

Glad to hear you're back in Canada.
Thought maybe you'd been kidnapped in Africa.

2:01 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

I don't know, the cat box took about 7 minutes while the vacuuming took close to an hour.... I can do the math!

11:25 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks CH. I seem to have developed these lazy inactive periods, even though I keep trying to be more diligent. Something to work on for sure!

11:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home