header Ottawa 3

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Glee

I have two reasons for glee today!

Reason for Glee #1. First, the newest version of Veja's The Best of Recife was launched this week. I bought it on my way home and could hardly contain myself as I jumped and bumped down the beach wondering which restaurants were in, which were out. Where's hot, and sadly, where's not. Who has closed and who has opened (the bar and restaurant scene in Recife is very fluid). I gave it a cursory read as soon as I got home, just to make sure that I continue to agree with the rankings. I'll unfortunately have to leave the profound analysis until the weekend. My mom suggestions that I should mention that I do not just eat well and visit exotic locations here in Brazil. Turns out I also work! Which incidently is why there are not so many blog entries these days.... Muito trabalho!

Reason for Glee #2: Second, I took Fitchee in to get his one year tuning at the Honda dealer. With Fitchee being a standard and all, and I, basically learning to drive standard on the way home from the dealer a year ago, I had all kinds of nightmares that Fitchee's transmission and the likes would be in complete disarry due to my lax driving habits. Turns out the Fitchee is in top notch shape. Hurray for Fitchee and by extension, his incredibly skillful driver!

2 Comments:

Blogger Magic Mark said...

I can`t stand the suspense! Does Acucar still hold a top spot? What about the Officina do Sabor? Who will get the coveted best chopp rating? So many questions, so little time! 9-)

11:38 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Heh! All I can say for the moment, is that there have been some ch-ch-ch-changes....

7:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home