header Ottawa 3

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Enough Already!

Sometimes, just sometimes, when I don't poke around in my house very much, I tend to forget that I have mould problems. But then, sometimes, other times, most times, when I do poke around in the cupboards, closets, and back rooms, I discover things like this
.
.
.

.
.
.

These hats were perfectly fine three months ago....

And just to add to today's mouldy woes, I also discovered the nascent proliferation of mould spots on one of my framed prints - of Rue des Septs Voies in Paris - and am greatly disturbed. I keep trying remember what my mother said when she gave it to me, "Remember, the print is only worth about $8, the frame ... on the other hand ... is worth a small fortune. So if you ever tire of the print, keep the frame and change the print." Sadly, depending on how things advance, this may have to become the case. The challenge, of course, is to find something in the exact same hues so that it matches the mat as well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Oh No!

11:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, maybe someone can get you a new print, or you can get a different picture and change the mats. I just had a mat made for a drawing Nancy did many many years ago and couldn't believe how little that cost! (Not to mention that the frame came from IKEA, also inexpensive!.... but suitable)

9:03 p.m.  
Blogger Magic Mark said...

The poor hats! But do they still stink? 9-)

1:13 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Funnily enough, they don't stink anymore. Maybe the mould ate the stink? It would be a good outcome!

6:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home