header Ottawa 3

Friday, January 20, 2006

Erdogan, Kirchner and Me

What do Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Argentine President Nestor Kirchner and I have in common? That's right, we were all booked into the Blue Tree Park in Brasilia this week. I think that Kirchner didn't stay in the end -- do too many Heads of State spoil the buffet breakfast? -- but Erdogan and I definitely crossed paths. Clearly the Turkish aren't as nuts about security as some other to remain nameless countries, as I just sauntered in behind them, asked the front desk for the gossip on what was going on, and headed to my room. Out of courtesy, I took the stairs as the Turkish staffers were busy cramming luggage in and out of the elevators. As it turns out, perhaps I should have been more cautious. According to Mark, one of the only [or the only?] diplomatic assassination in Canada was of a Turkish diplomat. Coincidence ... or not? Dum dum dum....

And to leave with an image of my friend the Turkish Prime Minister and my joint scenary this week -- introducing the Blue Tree Park Brasilia:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home