header Ottawa 3

Thursday, November 03, 2005

More Differences Between Canada and Brazil

The other day I was trying on a pair of pants in a store. The pants were too large and in an effort to convince me to buy them, the saleswoman stuck all kinds of pins into the seams indicating that they could easily alter the garment to fit. As she was measuring the hem, the conversation went like this:

Saleswoman: Now, will you ever wear these pants with heels?
Me [looking down at my feet which are in 2ΒΌ" heels (the highest that I have ever owned -- blogged about here)]: Um, yes. These ones.
Saleswoman [looking at my feet and sandals]: No. I mean heels. Are you ever going to wear these pants with heels?
Me: No.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heels are probably 4 or 5 inches I'm sure. That doesn't help those with extra large feet. Funny to hear your story though. I'm sure sales people in paris would react the same way.

2:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home