header Ottawa 3

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Maceió and João Pessoa, I hardly knew ye

Well, I've blogged a bit about Natal and Aracaju, leaving our other two Rock 'n Roll stops of Maceió and João Pessoa a bit of a mystery. Our work schedule [I do work when I am not out adventuring!] unfortunately didn't allow much time for getting to know either location although both looked like fun cities from what I could see. With João Pessoa being two hours north and Maceió four hours south of Recife, I suspect that I will head back at some point in the not-so-distant future. In particularly, Maceió looked like a great place, not yet fully discovered by the tourist trade -- plus the expat Paulistano events coordinator at the hotel gave us a list of the coolest places in town. Coming from a Paulistano, where gastronomy and nightlife are fine arts, these suggestions should not be taken lightly! Another sure-win destination to which I will definitely head is the fishing village of Maragogi, two hours south of Recife which we passed on the way to Maceió. A few days there might just make me a beach person yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home