header Ottawa 3

Friday, April 29, 2005

Going Native

Although Brazil is known as the land of shoes, I haven't always found shoe shopping the easiest endeavor here, especially when it comes to sandals. For quite some time now I have been searching for what I would like to call a Good Sensible Sandal; that is, a sandal which is in a nice natural earth-based colour and material, doesn’t have a huge stiletto or platform heel, but has some support to it, and isn’t a sports sandal. You know the type, just something nice with which to walk around town on a Saturday afternoon. Stylish, yet comfortable, and good for cobblestones and uneven sidewalks.

When I was in Buenos Aires, I spent a bit of time shopping and found a perfect pair of Good Sensible Sandals. I rubbed my hands together with glee, quickly tried them on, produced my credit card, and then walked away with the kill. It was only when I returned home to São Paulo that the actual height of the platform heels hit me! It was then that I recognized the telltale signs that I must be going native!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Love them!

7:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home