header Ottawa 3

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

They Found Me

Yes, it's true. After a year of living in Brazil and four months of living in Recife, the telemarketers have found me. And you know what? They call during dinnertime here too. Of course, Brazilian dinnertime is several hours after Canadian dinnertime, but same difference! In any case, poor telemarketers. In a way I feel sorry for them as I treat their phones calls as simple extensions of my day job: What exactly is it that your organization does? How many people did you say you attend? How is your client-population selected? What are the results that you have achieved until this point? Have you done any follow-up studies on the longterm effects of your interventions? Do you have other sources of funding? Do you work in partnership with any public entities? How does the organization deal with issues of sustainability?

And they never believe me when I say that I already gave at the office.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Gahhh! The Swiss ones found us too!

So it's a worldwide pest, the telemarketer!

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Didn't you JUST get a phone? You poor thing.

Here's what I typically do Link
but you may need to find a different language.

10:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home