header Ottawa 3

Monday, September 26, 2005

Brazilians Love to Dance - It's not just a stereotype!

Basta! Enough about my car struggles and on to something more interesting! I took these pictures down in Recife Antigo last weekend after happening upon a frevo dance troop putting on a show. Before the troop's dancers went up, all the little kids in the audience were allowed to go on stage and dance. I think that rhythme must be genetic here ... these kids were absolutely adorable! Frevo is a frenetic paced dance which combines, among other things, elements of capoeira and Russian folk-dancing!

Teen Frevo & Kiddie Frevo: don't you just want to take the little one in the middle home with you?




1 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Awww, Yes! I believe there must be some Brazilian in my blood as I love to dance too!

3:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home