header Ottawa 3

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Wasn't I Just Here? (a.k.a. More Adventures in Moving)

Here I am, the night before the movers come -- once again -- to pack up all of my worldly possessions and ship them to Recife, several thousands of kilometres northeast of Sao Paulo. Reflecting back on the lessons I learned a mere seven months ago when the packers showed up at my place in Ottawa, I wonder whether or not it is ever possible to be fully ready for a move. I have worked my way through the piles of receipts and odds & ends which got shipped from Canada and have managed to thin them considerably. But there remains much to be done before 8am tomorrow morning. My fridge and freezer are also in good shape since after leaving a note yesterday to my cleaning lady inviting her to help herself to any perishable items, I came home to find that both were essentially cleared of anything edible! Although it was a bit of a shock to see an almost completely empty fridge and freezer having left them quite full that morning, I was happy to know that the food will go to good use. Stay tuned tomorrow for a comparative study of Canadian versus Brazilian movers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Moving house is so stressful, I think that's why the Swiss just stay put!

7:05 a.m.  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oh and good luck!

7:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home