header Ottawa 3

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

São Paulo in 168 Hours

In an effort to fit in as much São Paulo as possible in the next seven days, I have created an ambitious schedule of museums, galleries, and restaurants that I want to go to before moving to Recife. Even though I have been here for close to eight months (disregarding all the travel), there are still tons that I want to see and do in São Paulo before bidding adieu to the megalopolis next week. Last weekend, I went to the Heritage of the Czars exhibition at the Museu de Arte Brasileiro in Higienopolis, which was really good. Between now and Sunday, I would also like to go to the following:

- the Painted Bodies exhibit, currently showing at Ibirapuera Park;

- the Pinacoteca do Estado to see the current exhibit;

- the Sacred Art Museum, apparently the best in the country;

- the Lasar Segal Museum, a Lithuania-Brazilian painter who greatly influenced Brazilian art in the first half of the twentieth century;

- the Brazilian Museum of Sculpture;

- the São Bento Monastery;

- the Central Market [the problem being that I never seem to get out of the house early enough to make it in time for the real Saturday-morning action]; and

- one last look (for now) at São Paulo from above from both Terraço Italia and the Syke Bar [where I was originally going to have my bota fora (literally my kicking out), but then changed ideas].

From the looks of it, I will either have to stop going to work these last few days in order to fit everything in, or I will have to delay my departure date! May the race begin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Can we do a wife swap?

I want your life just for 2 weeks, I'll decide if I like it and then maybe give it back! ;-)

12:18 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

I think that I am going to have to start including some on Sao Paulo's crime statistics in my posts!

2:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home