header Ottawa 3

Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Movers

The movers arrived by 9am this morning and my apartment was a hive of activity for the rest of the day. I think that overall there were ten packers involved, although I never saw them altogether, so it is hard to be totally sure. Actually, everything went very smoothly and I do have to say, apologies to my Canadian packers, the Brazilian packers seemed to exercise a bit more common sense. Mostly empty cereal boxes were not indiscriminately tossed into boxes; open sugar bowls were not wrapped up, contents and all, and packed away only to be seen weeks later; piles of receipts were questioned prior to taking action; and there was a designated location for garbage, which was not in one of the packing boxes! Every item that was questionable was set aside and I was asked what to do with it. How civilized! In fact, so confident was I in the whole exercise, that I found my presence to be rather redundant. Hopefully I won’t feel foolish about this later! Stay tuned for Part II tomorrow when the packers return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home