header Ottawa 3

Friday, April 15, 2005

I Did Buy a Bench!

As it turns out, the woman from the antique fair delivered my bench to the Consulate this afternoon, so I am now the proud new owner of a très chic antique bench for my front entrance hall. On Monday, when I was telling my colleague about the bench and the fact that the nameless and phone-numberless seller would deliver it at some point this week, my colleague enquired whether or not I had informed the seller that on Fridays the office closes at 1:30p.m. Of course, the idea of sharing this information had never even crossed my mind! Fortunately, the same gods of chance were still smiling, and the seller arrived at 1:00p.m. with my bench. Pictures to follow once I get it the rest of the way home. Tomorrow I am heading to the small colonial town of Santana de Parnaíba (founded 16th Century), approximately 40km from São Paulo. Betting is open for whether or not I make any more purchases!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home