header Ottawa 3

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Does Anyone Know Where San Pablo is?

Everytime I wait in the airport to catch a plane back to Brazil from a neighbouring country, I look up at the departure screen to find my flight and departure gate. My eyes scan the airlines and numbers, as well as the destination cities. Invariable, I notice a flight to San Pablo leaving at the same time as my flight and I wonder, where is San Pablo? Why have I never heard of it? In my mind, I imagine a remote town in southern/nothern/eastern/western Chile/Argentina/Paraguay/Venezuela/fill-in-with-Latin-country-of-choice. And then it hits me, San Pablo is Sao Paulo, and this is my flight that they are announcing over the intercom. It gets me everytime!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Aha! See now you got me there! I was just about to look it up in a flurry to be the first to answer!

But of course, Pablo/Paulo.

We once had an instance of someone asking my husband where is Lausanne in Switzerland. He looked with disdain and answered something about Lausanne being the French word for Lucerne, which of course it isn't. Lucerne is the French word for Luzern!

3:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home