header Ottawa 3

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Next Time, I'll Take the Taxi

Last night I had a work dinner which ended at close to eleven p.m. Thinking that I would save the taxpayers a few dollars, I asked a colleague who lives in my neighbourhood if I could hitch a ride back with him. Once we were safely tucked into his car (a bullet-proof jeep, I soon found out), he told me that he was attempted kidnapped the previous night. The rest of the ride was spent listening incredulously to the story of his third brush with would-be kidnappers. Everything was fine, and I arrived home quickly and safely, but next time, maybe I'll spring for the cab! [Kidnappings although not uncommon in São Paulo, are fairly targeted, so normally I do not worry about these things.]

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

I have heard though that taxis in Brazil are not neccessarily safer than riding home with the Kidnap Target!

3:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home