header Ottawa 3

Sunday, September 16, 2007

C-c-c-c-old

I've always prided myself on my fundamental Canadianess and subsequently my ability to not only endure, but enjoy and look forward to, the cooler climes and downright frigid temperatures that tend to grace our fine land. Heck, I even came home during the winter three times during my years away. Good intentions aside, it turns out that I am now a weather wimp.

Take last week in the office. Everyone else is in late-summer type clothes, short sleeves, flowing skirts, sandals, etc. Not only am I wearing a sweater, but am also sitting at my desk wrapped up in a scarf and my jacket. I would have worn gloves had I had any. On the positive side, I think that I've managed to provide the quota of office entertainment for the week.

Then today, I was shuffling around the house in almost every piece of clothing that I own, wondering whether or not it is a bad thing to turn on the heat before even reaching October. When I realised that it was only 15ยบ inside, the decision was made that indeed we would have to break the No Heat Before (Canadian) Thanksgiving rule which is normally the general practice.

I can't imagine what will happen when things actually start to cool off....

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

We had to turn the heat on this past week as well.

It was 38 overnight which is quite chilly this early in the year.

Ah, global warming - they say you're no good, but I don't agree!

10:04 a.m.  
Blogger Magic Mark said...

I am sure that you will be out enjoying the snow in no time!

10:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, just to let you know... I, too, turned on the furnace sometime during this past week. Inside the house was cold... but when I went outside, it was actually warmer. However, this does remind us of things to come!!

6:30 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow - how nice to know that perhaps it actually was cold, not just that I am suffering from PTSD (post-tropical stress disorder)!

12:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home