header Ottawa 3

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Why it Doesn't Necessarily Pay to be Too Organised

Over the past year, I have been slowly repatriating my fall and winter clothes; every time that either I, or someone visiting me, returned to Canada, so went a pile of sweaters, long-sleeve tops, and scarves. Having only wore a light jacket exactly three times in Recife in the past two years, I applauded my forward thinking. Knowing that my shipment back to Canada will take a matter of months, I was pleased to know that I could already count on having the basics of fall waiting for me.

Fast forward ... southern Brazil ... August 2007.

Temperatures are currently below zero in the south and in the single digits in the southeast where I will be heading for my predeparture final fling. News footage from São Paulo shows everyone all bundled up in winter jackets and tuques. Ack! My jean jacket is looking seriously deficient for the days ahead! I did buy a new jacket last month though and, although it is more about style than warmth, it'll have to do! Being up here in the Northeast, I had forgotten that parts of Brazil do actually experience winter....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home