header Ottawa 3

Friday, July 07, 2006

I Have Been to Paradise

A quick check-in admist a hectic, but amazing travel schedule [some work, some play, lots of airports (10 in 14 days, 4 more to go...)].

Last week we spent five days at the Lençóis Maranhenses, literally the Bedsheets of Maranhão [a state five states north of Pernambuco]. The lençóis are a 1550km2 area of pristine white sand dunes mixed with turquiose lagoons, and our days were spent trekking over the dunes, swimming in the crystalline waters, and watching the wind and sand cover up our tracks only minutes after making them. I'll write more later, but will post this montage which says far more than any words ever could.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really beautiful..

2:30 p.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Amazing, I never would have guessed that was Brazil.

11:04 a.m.  
Blogger PretaMulatta said...

THIS is my dream. my heart breaks at it's beauty... u are lucky, indeed.

12:19 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

H&B: It literally took my breath away!

El Güero: So true! I can't believe that I get paid to be here!

Michael: I was thinking of saying that I whisked myself away to the Sahara, but decided to go with the truth instead!

PretaM: Maranhão is AMAZING and worth getting to know.

12:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home