header Ottawa 3

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cold Snap!

In her seventeen years since moving to Recife from Pernambuco's semi-arid interior, the woman who works at the front desk in my building has never seen (or felt) weather this cold. It seems that I may be losing my Canadian sensibilities as well. Evening temperatures are hovering in the low twenties and I grasp my sides looking for one of my long-sleeved tops. I find myself huddling indoors at night with a warm cup of tea. People in town have started wearing jackets. But still, it's no excuse for not blogging and I promise to be back soon with more stories from the second half of our adventures: snorkling with sharks off the coast of the islands of Fernando de Noronha.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Yeah - Global Warming...gotta love it dontcha?

Hope you don't get snow!

10:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, hope it warms up for you soon, tee,hee..

6:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home