header Ottawa 3

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

AMAZING NEWS

I received a phone call on Monday saying that i) MY CAR EXISTS; and ii) MY CAR WILL ARRIVE IN RECIFE BY FRIDAY! This, as you can imagine is news that would normally knock one off one's dainty feet, assuming one had dainty feet, of course. Since I have neither dainty feet, nor believe anything without seeing it, I remain skeptical. However, the fact that the dealer was able to provide a serial number and the value of a tidy sum of money that I owe them due to the fact that the making of the car was delayed so much that I am now acquiring a 2007 model instead of the 2006 model that I originally paid for BACK IN DECEMBER, is a strong indication that in fact they are telling the truth. For those who remember, the actual process of buying my car started back in November (not including my humming and haaing and series of attempted test drives for several months prior) when I started filling out the required paperwork. Let's see: November, December, January, February, March, ah! who's counting anyway? So my car should arrive on Friday. Then I start the process of ordering my plates. My guess is that I will be driving by the end of April. Anyone else?? Ah! Freedom, sweet sweet freedom!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Karen - did you request a specific color?

11:28 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Marianne, I requested silver, the standard colour for Brazilian cars (really!). Bets are open as to whether it will arrive in the colour expected as well!

12:30 p.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Wow that is exciting news!

2:27 p.m.  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Oye, be careful! I imagine Brazil is a totally insane country to drive in.

7:55 p.m.  
Blogger CreamedHoney said...

Does this car have a make and model? Are cars in short supply in Brazil? We could certainly ship you down some unsold stock from here--except for our Corvettes which are all presold.

4:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home