header Ottawa 3

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Necessities of Life

Since the advent of preparations for Carnaval commenced about a month ago, I have started picking up many Necessities of Life. These include such necessities as three fancy and glittery headbands, two fancy and glittery masks, two pairs of glittery frevo umbrella earrings, and one flapper costume. On Monday, I made my most recent Necessities of Life purchase down in the old part of town where pre-Carnaval fun is already in full swing. These two little guys are styrofoam water bottle or beer can holders [with shoulder straps to boot] dressed up in full Bumba meu Boi regalia. The hats are replicas of the state of Pernambuco flags. Okay, I agree. No one really needs Bumba meu Boi styrofoam beer can holders. But how could I resist? Really!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Those are perfect!

5:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home