header Ottawa 3

Monday, January 30, 2006

Anyone Know What Termites Look Like?

There are termites in my building* - nasty termites that made it all the way up to the top floor - that's a lot of floors - and are busy working their way down. This week it is my apartment's turn to be sprayed as a preventative measure. At least, I hope that it is a preventative measure.... Last night as I was sorting through one of my closets, I pulled out a metal picture frame which had all kinds of minute little bugs scurrying around on it. Since I had always thought that termites were bigger [these little guys are smaller than a pin head], I don't know whether these crawlies are bad or just annoying. I did a websearch on termites and found some highly informative sites - although I have decided not to post the pictures incase anyone is eating while reading this! I'll be cleaning out all the closets later on this week in preparation for the spraying, at which point we'll see if there are any telltale signs of those nasty cupins.

*Yes, my building which is made of pure concrete. Poor termites, there is a serious lack of wood in these there parts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Maybe that's why high heels are so high here!

10:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home