header Ottawa 3

Monday, August 15, 2005

Faster than a Speeding Bullet

Although I have been a frequent traveller for many years, the concept of plane travel continues to amaze me. As much as we all enjoy complaining about flights that last six, eight, ten, fourteen, or even nineteen hours, the idea of having breakfast in Brazil and then meeting up with a friend for coffee on Queen Street in Toronto the next afternoon, is quite astonishing. How strange it is to move so casually across the kilometres and over the oceans and flit between totally different worlds. Who, in that alternative little café, which apparently has the best almond croissants this side of the Atlantic, would have thought that a mere twenty-four hours earlier I was enjoying the salty seabreeze in northeastern Brazil? I sure didn't, and I am the person in question! All this to say, that I am safely back [having landed at Pearson Airport a mere fifteen hours after the Air France flight] from a twelve-day blitzkrieg five-stops-twelve-days-why-do-I-keep-doing-this-to-myself visit to Canada. In all, it was a good visit and I managed to see most of my family. Stories and photos to follow!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it back safely! You sure did have a whirlwind tour, but I had a great time at the cottage, and I was glad that you were there =) Round the world travel amazes me too... I completely understand.

Heather

9:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar... maybe like my job!!! Glad you are safe and sound. Sorry I missed you.

Chantal

10:26 a.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Glad that you're back safe and sound.

Air Travel is amazing isn't it?

One of the things I want to do before I depart this earth is to watch the sunrise on the East Coast and then fly to the West Coast and watch it set.

4:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home