header Ottawa 3

Monday, July 25, 2005

Car Mags

Well, it is official. I have bought my first car magazine ever. I picked up a copy of Auto Esporte a week or so ago in my attempt to finally buckle down and buy a car. Now, really, I should have bought my car back when I was in São Paulo. However, initially I was travelling quite bit and did not have time to research a car purchase. And even once things slowed to a more normal pace, I never really felt like car shopping after a long day at work. Ah well, such is life, live and learn. Now that I live rather centrally in a much smaller city, I do not really need a car during the week as I can easily walk to work in less than half an hour and can quickly hop a bus if I am running late. For the weekends, though, a car will offer the freedom to explore all that the region has to offer and will facilitate life quite a bit. At the moment, the front-runners for my car purchase are the Chevy Celta, the Chevy Corsa, the Peugeot 206, and the Honda Fit. They are all hatchbacks and are quite inconspicuous [desirable from a security perspective] - however, everyday I learn more details about each one -- price, resale price, cost of insurance, delivery delay, models stolen most often -- and I end up changing my mind every few minutes as to which model to buy. Let's hope that Auto Esporte helps out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home