header Ottawa 3

Friday, July 29, 2005

What Luck

The other morning, I had to take a flipchart, fan and transformer in to work. Although I knew that the flipchart could fit into a taxi [as I had somehow managed to get it back home from the store where I bought it], it is clearly not all taxis that can accommodate a flipchart and passengers. Flipchart, yes. Passengers, yes. Flipchart and passengers, difficult. Although not common, there are even two-door taxis in Brazil [it's a lot of fun having to clamber in behind the driver], which clearly would not do for the purpose. Hoping for at least a hatchback so that I could slink in under the easel, I carried my wares to the taxi stand on the corner only to discover that the first car in line was a stationwagon! What luck! What were the chances of that happening? Fairly uncommon for a taxi, it was exactly what I needed and I, along with the flipchart, arrived quickly and safely at work. Sometimes things just manage to work out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home