header Ottawa 3

Friday, July 29, 2005

Spilt Milk

Earlier this week at work, there was a rather obnoxious smell emanating from our little kitchen. Sniffing at the milk carton while the coffee brewed, I decided that the milk must have gone off. The most common source of milk in Brazil is UHT and it lasts forever, both on the shelf and once opened (quite a odd concept for those of us used to the fresh stuff)! The carton in question had been open for a while and I supposed that it had finally reached its best before date. Once disposed of though, the smell continued, and a more thorough search of the fridge led me to the discovery that the smell was emanating from a bag of cajú (cashew) fruits. Having never liked cashew fruits enough to have any in the house, I hadn't realised how strong a smell they have! Poor milk, it sacrificed itself for the cause, but I try not to cry about it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Ewwww, I am physically unable to smell milk. How brave of you!

Is the cashew fruit related to the nut?

9:44 a.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

I'm just sitting here laughing, because I love your last line!

3:04 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi ms.mac ... you can check the post Cashews Anyone for the story behind the cashew fruits! Who knew??

10:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home