header Ottawa 3

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Experiments

Yesterday while I was grocery shopping, I bought one of these:



With the idea that I would turn it into this ...



... the dish that we enjoyed at the Ofinica do Sabor last month. After assuming that it couldn't be that hard to make, I ran a quick websearch [clearly the source of all answers] and, low and behold, found a recipe for jerimum recheado com camarĂ£o ao creme de manga [pumpkin stuffed with shrimp in a mango sauce] straight from the Oficina's award-winning chef -- yum! And in fact, it really doesn't look all that hard to prepare. Bascially, you cook the pumpkin, cook the shrimp, and then cook the shrimp in the pumpkin. In order to not procrastinate, I purchased the pumpkin so that I would be forced to move into action. The experiment should take place this weekend, so I will keep everyone posted. Ummmm ... if I don't blog for a while ... please notify the Recifensen authorities!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Best of luck in your culinary and gastronomical adventure!

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Well, how did it turn out? I am intrigued!

5:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home