header Ottawa 3

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Improve your Life: Change your Ringtone

When I arrived in Brazil last fall I was presented with my very first cell phone. Not being used to listening for my ring and subsequently missing many a call, I decided that action had to be taken. Seeing that I was now living in Brazil, I choose the Samba Rumble ringtone and set the volume rather high. There would be no way that I would miss another call.

Now, my first months in Brazil coincided with some intense work situations which called for lots of phone-ringing. Since I had recently arrived and very few people actually knew my cell number, a loud Samba Rumble could only mean one thing. Months later, I still cringed when the Samba Rumble would pierce the air. The other day, I had the idea to change my ring tone. I now have it set to Groovey Blue and amazingly enough, I no longer fear my phone and actually look forward to seeing who might be calling.

Update: I swear I had this post saved as draft before reading the Expatters post on the new Axel F ringtone which is topping the charts in Europe!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Is it also popular in Brazil?? I'm so curious if it's spread beyond Europe.

8:23 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

I've yet to hear the Axel F ring as most people seem to have the same fifteen tones that come with the phone.

9:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home