header Ottawa 3

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Lean Mean Driving Machine

Last Friday was my final welcome-to-Sao-Paulo driving lesson. After more a month off, I decided that scheduling two final lessons would be a good idea. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty good about myself when my instructor TOOK OFF his seatbelt! Now, I would never recommend anyone to ever take off their seatbelt while in motion, let alone in Sao Paulo, but I must admit, that I did let his actions go to my head and felt my confidence surge. No doubt I am now ready to conquer the chaotic streets of Brazil on my own!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oh well done! I am a complete nervous ninny in the car so I am in awe of your bravery!

4:20 a.m.  
Blogger daniel (gigo08) said...

I just moved to NYC from Sao Paulo, was there for 3 years living with my family. I think if you can master driving there, you can drive just about anywhere. I pretty much just started driving there right off the bat, no lessons, nothing. Just took a guia with me so that I wouldnt get too lost because I didnt remember much of the city from when i was a kid. I didnt even have to take a driving test because I got my american drivers license translated. :D

9:01 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Figuring out where the roads go is at least half the battle!! So many ways to get to, and get lost going to, the same place!

12:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home