header Ottawa 3

Monday, August 18, 2008

Not my Lifetime!

At least I hope not....

Last July, I purchased 45 bottles of cachaça and imported them back to Canada. It was deemed a "lifetime" supply by most. You'll never finish them, they said. Are you crazy? others surmised. I began to doubt myself and my exaggerated purchase.

Well ... one short year later, we are down to thirty bottles. Yes, 30 bottles - meaning that we consumed fifteen bottles or 11,250 mL of cachaça over the past eleven months (the bottles arrived mid-September with my air shipment). Granted, we did not consume these fifteen bottles all by our lonesome, but that's a 33% stock consumption in less than a year.

Key events that led to stock depletion: First Annual Caipis & The Commons Caipirinha Party (Oct. 2007); First Annual Carnaval Party (Feb. 2008); First Annual Sao Joao Welcome to Summer BBQ (June 2008); and the Cousines Cottage Weekend 2008 (Aug. 2008). Lots of first annuals, but hey, it's my first year back. It was bound to happen. In-between caipirinhas were also not unheard of. In terms of limes, somewhere around 165 limes sacrificed their lives over the past year to our caipirinha efforts.

It's been good year, but you can see why I am hoping that it is not a lifetime supply!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, I was getting bored, and there is a dearth of interesting blogs out there.

9:35 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Oooo - a reader who hasn't forsaken me due to my terrible blogging habits. It is I who thanks you!

10:37 p.m.  
Blogger Magic Mark said...

Or are they just being nice because they are looking for a caipi?

9-)

11:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home