header Ottawa 3

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Long Time, No Skate


Four years, to be precise!

Taking advantage of the fact that i) despite being in full winter mode since mid-November, the city finally managed to get the Rideau Canal flooded and groomed for skating by late January (hurray!); ii) I had a couple hour lull in Saturday's schedule; and iii) it wasn't human-popsicle inducing weather, I finally managed to lace up my skates and head to the canal for an 8km spin. Turns out that much of Ottawa had the same brilliant idea! Despite the crowds, though, I had a good run from Laurier to the Bank Street Bridge and back. I would have gone further, but the conditions between Bank & Bronson were appropriately labelled "poor". After a few metres battling the bumps, ruts and faults, I decided to cut my losses and turn back.

Overall, it was a snowy but good introduction back to the Rideau skating routine. Amazingly enough, my muscles aren't even too sore today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

Good going!

1:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home