header Ottawa 3

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

That Ain't No Honey, Bee

So, yes, as alluded to, the downside of my adventure to the Interior was that I managed to get myself stung [three times to be exact] by a certain unidentified variety of Gigantic Mad Killer Brazilian Wasp. I admit that I was slightly at fault as I stepped on their nest, but it was hidden away, clearly out of human sight - what was I to do? In fact, there was nothing I could do except run - which incidentally, while I always thought running to be a rather humourous response to being swarmed by bees or wasps, it works! It really does. Unfortunately the instinct to run only kicked in after being stung.

I have to say, aside from the intense pain of the stings, I never dreamed that my ankle and wrist would swell to the magnitude that they did. My ankle looked as if someone had gone at it with a baseball bat - red, purple, swollen, painful! A week later, it is still swollen, although my ankle bone has started to show itself again which is a good sign. Not sure whether or not I should be worried, I got myself checked out by an Allergyologist who gave me a prescription "for next time". Here's hoping I'll never need it. Hobble, hobble, hobble.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Freitas said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger Marcos Freitas said...

AHAHAHHAA ...hi misslady, xurubém?
...and how many stings you've been gifted with? ...unlucky step anh?
wow! this reminds me something... ? when i had about 15 or 16 stings in my face shoulder and back ahahaha.
(see the post "dor e prazer" in january 2007 archives at my blog heheheh) ah, here's the link:
http://atelierenganoseilusoes.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html
...humm, i've gotta say: i'm from Pernambuco (well, i've been wastin' my youth in RJ and i'm livin in SP since i was 18 y.o. but i was born in PE) ...girl, i loved it all here (caipirissima) and i'm very curious about a couple of things... for instance... why the hell is it all in english? (well, the answer can be quite obvious but as i had never the balls to do the same in my blog...)
...and i'm wondering about what you actually do... archeology, arts, english teacher, languages research, travel business, professional curiousity, paleontology, journalism... ???
aham... hey, what am i doing? well, i was "trippin'-at-ease" from one blog to another, through the "next blog" button vehicle and it happened to make me get here, and i'm feeling lucky about it! among many other stuffs and interests i love chance and random as subjecs to think and to live about ahahahah
well, once again, nice blog you have! congratulations! ...hope you visit (and like hehehe) mine too!
kisses
m.
p.s. ...in your word verification stuff is written xxuru!!!

2:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home