header Ottawa 3

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Two More Things I Could Do Without

Adding to my list of one thing that I could do without, I would like to add two more items:

1. Drunk Drivers. Eight days ago, a drunk driver in an SUV hit a car parked outside my building, served towards the sidewalk, hit the accelerator, crossed two metres of sidewalk, went up four stairs, broke through the glass doors to the building and continued up two more stairs before finally coming to a stop. The driving then panicked, reversed down the various levels of stairs, across the sidewalk and sped away into the night. No one was hurt and we now have plywood covering the front entrance of the building.

2. UHT Milk.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand highly skilled drivers either.Especially highly skilled drunk drivers..

What the heck is UHT milk..

12:24 a.m.  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

I agree, that took some talent to do all of that and then drive off....I wonder how he explained that story to the other half?

11:02 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

I've re-examined the DD situation using my excellent training in forensics and engineering restruction (ha!) and it turns out that we should have even more respect for the driver. From the angle, he actually crossed 3-4 metres of sidewalk before hitting the first set of stairs and then crossed two more metres after breaking though the doors and up two more stairs. He must have been going at quite a clip.

UHT [Ultra High Temperature] Milk is an extremely poor excuse for a liquid dairy product (i.e.: milk) which is partially sterilised by zapping the milk at a high temperture for a few seconds. It has a six month shelf life and is quite gross. Currently all of the cartons that I cleverly bought in bulk have gone off months before their best before date. Hence, my enhanced dissatisfaction with it!

10:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home