header Ottawa 3

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lessons I Have Learned

One of the things that I have learned during my years in Brazil is that it is virtually impossible to visit a preschool without totally disrupting the class and rendering the poor teacher into a struggling sideshow, no matter how hard you might try. Bring out a camera, and you can kiss any remaining semblance of order goodbye. Since chaos is, in the end, totally inevitable, why bother even trying? Other than the crystalisation of this thought, it was good to get out of the office today for some visits in the town of Gravatá, 70km inland from Recife. Total cutie pies, no?

3 Comments:

Blogger Living Away said...

Do you know what I really like about Brasil? The children!! They are so beautiful, so alive, so happy...I have traveled a lot and I never saw faces like that!
The Brazilian children have something in their eyes that is very unique.
I’m going to Brasil in few weeks and this post just reminds me to play a pelada with the kids of mom’s street!

9:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They really do look happy. And mischievous, ha,ha..

11:03 p.m.  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Beautiful happy faces!

6:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home